EXCITING NEWS and MORE!
We are pleased to announce and very grateful for God’s Provision in providing a Men’s Homeless Shelter at the Salvation Army Church at 1101 S. Madison St., Ludington, MI.
Hospitality In the Name of Christ will open our doors this November 1, 2023 at 6:00pm
I trust your summer is going well and you aren’t in any hurry to say good-bye to this beautiful weather! Tim and I have had a busy summer, but we want to take a few minutes to share some good news!
• Our board has been continuing the search for a permanent Shelter and because of our determination the building inspector is going to renew our temporary permit for the Salvation Army location, once again! We will not be homeless!
• Great news, we have hired a new full-time Executive Director!! Yep, after 14 years someone else is going to tell me what to do!! Randi Henric is no stranger to the Shelter or our guests and is looking forward to bringing her gifts and talents to the table. You will hear more about Randi in the near future. Her start date is October 2nd and Pastor Jon has graciously offered up an office for her to use upstairs!
• We are considering a property and we would appreciate your prayers. Above all things, we want to be in God’s will!
• Lastly, I know it’s only August, but the Shelter does open in just 70 days. Would you please prayerfully consider volunteering again this season? The restructuring last Season went extremely well and we will continue with the same format. If you would reply back with your intentions of joining with us again or having to bow out for the season this would be helpful as we make plans to open November 1st.
• Tim and I are heading back to the Appalachian Trail to finish the last 257 miles, good Lord willing. It has been decided to offer this hike up as a fundraiser in light of the new director and the prospect of our own permanent shelter possibilities. Please see the attachment on our Facebook page which gives you more information about “Hiking for Hospitality” and how you can encourage us on our hike!
Thank-you for your partnership and I look forward to hearing back from you!
Love & Blessings,
Tammy (and Tim)
“A place where strangers in need become family with Hope”
A new vision will no doubt include changes, but the heart of the ministry of Hospitality INC remains the same:
Loving God and loving people by building relationships.
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. 4 Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.